FULL SCHOLARSHIPS, PARTIAL SCHOLARSHIPS AND STUDY AWARDS
If you meet the minimum criteria stated, you are required to do the following:
- Complete a HELP Scholarship Application Form and attach certified transcripts of your academic results.
- New students are required to submit a HELP Application Form to apply for the chosen programme and pay the Student Application Fee before submitting the scholarship application form.
- New students will submit the respective forms and attachments to the Scholarship Officer in the Registry before the specified deadline. Late applications will not be considered for selection.
- For consideration by the Scholarship Committee in May and October of each year, scholarship applicants must be registered students of HELP University or HELP Academy. Your form will be forwarded to the Scholarship Committee for consideration when the Committee meets in May and October.
- The decisions of the Scholarship Committee will be announced by the third week of May and October and are not subject to appeal.
- As scholarship awards are limited and competitive, only candidates who meet the minimum criteria specified in this brochure are eligible to apply for the Scholarship Committee’s due consideration.
- Meeting the minimum criteria does not automatically guarantee the applicant a scholarship.
- All scholarship applicants will be evaluated and short-listed by the Scholarship Committee of HELP University / HELP Academy. HELP’s Scholarship Committee reserves the right to revise the criteria from time to time without prior notice. The decision of the Scholarship Committee is final.
- Students are only entitled to one scholarship at any one time. (Scholarships include prizes, study awards, bursaries and fee waivers.)
- Applicants may be awarded a sum that may be less than what is stipulated in the brochure, depending on the availability of the Scholarship Fund.
- All scholarships are awarded on a first come, first served basis.
- Scholarships may differ from intake to intake. Students are advised to submit their application before the stipulated deadline.
- Deadline for submission: please refer to https://university.help.edu.my/admissions/scholarships-and-bursaries/
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Students are allowed to switch awards only once, ie Bursary to Scholarship or vice versa.
- Students will be entitled to only one of the scholarships or bursaries (whichever is higher) and students are not allowed to combine awards.
- Applicants are required to pay all administration fees, course fees and external fees (if any) pending the decision of the Scholarship Committee.
- For new students who have not joined HELP, a minimum payment of the Student Application Fee is required before the student is eligible to apply for any scholarship. Otherwise, the scholarship application is considered null and void.
- For students who have applied to join HELP for a chosen programme, he / she is expected to register during the intake date and is required to pay all administration fees, course fees and external fees (if any) by the last day of payment pending the decision of the Scholarship Committee. Otherwise, the scholarship application is considered null and void.
- The scholarship/bursary is not applicable for payment of re-sit / re-enrolment fees.
- For programme where course fees are charged by the subject (modular programme), the total scholarship amount is divided equally among the total number of subjects and will go towards payment of course fees payable to HELP.
- For programmes where course fees are charged by the year (linear programme), the total scholarship amount will go towards payment of course fees payable to HELP.
- HELP reserves the right to revoke any scholarship / packaged bursary due to failure in examinations, unauthorized dropping of courses, withdrawal from programme before completion and / or non-compliance with HELP Rules and Regulations or other Terms & Conditions of the scholarship. Recipient may be required to repay the scholarship / bursary amount used upon revocation.
- Recipients of the scholarship who are subsequently found in breach of any of the rules and regulations, academic or otherwise, will have their scholarship revoked and will be required to repay HELP the said sum of money.
- All recipients of scholarship are required to contribute 3-5 hours per week of their time to assist the Head of Department or their designate in administration, peer counselling, extra-curricular activities, marketing and promotional activities.
- The Scholarship Application deadline is as: (a) 2 weeks after commencement of programmes OR 2 weeks after the release of actual results ; (b) The Scholarship Committee will meet in mid-May and mid-October each year to shortlist candidates for the awards.
- All decisions made by HELP University on matters pertaining to the scholarship will be final. Only short-listed applicants will be notified.
- The qualifications required for the scholarship may vary from year to year. Applicants should check with the Scholarship Officer on the requirements before applying.
- Late and incomplete application forms will not be considered for selection.