Students will discover the importance of culture, politics, trade and business policies, time zones, economic systems, currencies and business customs, and their effects on an organisation with international interests. It is a fulfilling career path for the diplomatic and globally minded with a love of travel.
Aims and objectives
The Bachelor of Business (International Business) follows two streams of concepts: 'Trade and Investment' and 'Cross-country Management'. In this course students will discover the importance of culture, politics, trade and business policies, time zones, economic systems, currencies and business customs and their effects on an organisation with international interests. The course offers a fulfilling career path for the diplomatic and globally minded with a love of travel.
Upon successfully completing the Bachelor of Business (International Business) students will be able to:
- Define and integrate theoretical principles applicable to business and apply those principles in a range of practices
- Systematically review and critically evaluate research from a variety of sources in order to make informed judgements on options for innovatively solving a range of problems that arise in business contexts
- Formulate creative solutions that are fit for purpose and demonstrate cognisance of the impact of business decisions on the triple bottom line
- Coherently articulate a line of reasoning demonstrating cultural sensitivity and apply a framework to analyse and offer solutions to ethical dilemmas
- Communicate a range of business arguments by evaluating and implementing alternative communication strategies as appropriate to the audience
- Build on and continuously develop the intellectual independence to be critical and reflective learners, cognisant of new technologies
- Work collaboratively in diverse groups
Graduates may find rewarding work in international trade, finance, marketing, tourism, hospitality, multinational firms, financial institutions and government departments seeking to serve international clients and/or associates.